Do you want to start or grow your own business, go international, or avoid bankruptcy?
In this business and management course, you will learn the key steps to take to design or innovate your own business model. You will learn about the trade-offs to be made, and the design issues that are critical for a viable and sustainable business model.
This course will help you answer questions like, how do I create a simple business model in a structured way, how do I engage my users and how do I create value for my customers as well as revenue for my company.
- This course is part of the Professional Certificate Program Business Model Innovation.
What you'll learn:
- How to design a business model in a structured way
- How to select the appropriate tools for designing or innovating a business model
- How to present your business model in a single sheet
- How to reason from your needs ("I want to's") to a business model solution
Week 1 & 2: Design thinking
- Why is design thinking relevant?
- How to structure BM design?
Week.3 & 4: Creating value for customers
- How can I create value for customers in novel ways (=customer-related tool)
Week.5 & 6: Drawing a simple BM
- How can I draw a BM on one single sheet to communicate it? (=BM Canvas)
Week 7 & 8: I-want-to's
- How to select the appropriate tooling based on what I want?
Week 9 &10: Special BM patterns
- Multi-sided BMs
The course materials of this course are Copyright Delft University of Technology and are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC-BY-NC-SA) 4.0 International License.
This is a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) that runs on edX.
- Secondary school; basic notions about business and/or practical business experience.