Timber Haaker is professor at Saxion University of Applied Sciences and senior researcher at Faculty Technology, Policy and Managementat TU Delft. He focuses on new business models and tools for business model innovation. He was work package leader for tool development in ENVISION, a European-wide initiative to bring business model innovation to SMEs..
Timber studied Applied Mathematics at Twente University, and completed his PhD at Delft University of Technology in 1996. After that, he turned to business models at KPN Research and Telematica Instituut, a government funded research institute. During this period, he worked on research projects about ICT driven innovation with companies like Philips, Vodafone, Oce and ABNAMRO and for the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Economic Affairs.
Timber has always had a strong interest in innovation, finance and modeling. Business models is at the crossroads of these disciplines which explains his interest and passion for the subject. He is fascinated by the way how companies and organizations can innovate their business to create new value for their customers and for themselves. His current research focus is on tools to support business model innovation.
Business Models and Innovation.
Professor at Saxion University of Applied Sciences
Senior researcher at Faculty Technology, Policy and Management, TU Delft
PhD, Mathematics, Delft University of Technology
MSc, Applied Mathematics, University of Twente
- UNDERSTANDING OPEN SERVICE INNOVATION AND THE ROLE OF INTERMEDIARIES - W Janssen, T Haaker, H Bouwman - Open Innovation: A Multifaceted Perspective: Part II, 571-600 - 2016
- Designing Viable Multi-sided Data Platforms: The Case of Context-Aware Mobile Travel Applications - M de Reuver, T Haaker, F Nikayin, R Kosman - Conference on e-Business, e-Services and e-Society, 354-365 - 2015
- An organizational competence model for innovation intermediaries - W Janssen, H Bouwman, R van Buuren, T Haaker - European Journal of Innovation Management 17 (1), 2-24 - 2014
- An eHealth Innovation Map for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises - R Janssen, M Hettinga, S Visser, R Menko, H Prins, I Krediet, T Haaker, ... eTELEMED - 2014
- Casestudies - R Janssen, W Haan, T Haaker, L Bodenstaff, S Visser, R Menko, H Prins, ... - Windesheim