René van Swaaij is associate professor in the Photovoltaics Material and Devices group at the TU Delft faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science. He is the programme director of the master programme Sustainable Energy Technology. His research interests lie mainly with the processing of silicon based solar cells and the physics underlying the operation of these cells. He is in charge of several projects in the field of thin-film silicon solar cells and lectures on semiconductor device physics in BSc and MSc courses.
René has authored and co-authored more than 100 journal and conference papers is and is co-author of the book "Solar Energy. The physics and engineering of photovoltaic conversion technologies and systems."
Associate professor in the Photovoltaics Materials and Devices group at the faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science, Delft University of Technology
PhD on amorphous silicon based photoconductors for xerography, Utrecht University
MSc, Physics, Utrecht University
- Guangtao Yang, René A. C. M. M. van Swaaij, Olindo Isabella, and Miro Zeman, A novel way of texturing glass for microcrystalline silicon thin film solar cells application, accepted for publication in Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Application; DOI: 10.1002/pip.2550.
- D. Zhang, D. Deligiannis, G. Papakonstantinou, R. A. C. M. M. van Swaaij, and M. Zeman, Optical enhancement of silicon heterojunction solar cells with hydrogenated amorphous silicon carbide emitter, accepted for publication in IEEE J. Photovoltaics; DOI: 10.1109/JPHOTOV.2014.2344768.
- D. Deligiannis, S. Alivizatos, A. Ingenito, D. Zhang, M. van Sebille, R. A. C. M. M. van Swaaij, and M. Zeman, Wet-chemical treatment for improved surface passivation of textured silicon heterojunction solar cells, Energy Procedia 55, pp. 197-202 (2014); DOI: 10.1016/j.egypro.2014.08.117.
- J. M. Westra, R. A. C. M. M. van Swaaij, P. Sutta, K. Sharma, M. Creatore, and M. Zeman, Study of the effect of boron doping on the solid phase crystallisation of hydrogenated amorphous silicon films, Thin Solid Films 568, pp. 38-43 (2014); DOI: 10.1016/j.tsf.2014.07.040.
- F. T. Si, D. Y. Kim, R. Santbergen, H. Tan, R. A. C. M. M. van Swaaij, A. H. M. Smets, O. Isabella, and M. Zeman, Quadruple-junction thin-film silicon-based solar cells with high open-circuit voltage, Appl. Phys. Lett. 105, 063902 (2014); DOI: 10.1063/1.4892890.