Are you an entrepreneur, or do you have a passion for building your own technology startup? This course will help and encourage you to start a successful technology-based venture.
If you always wanted to become an entrepreneur, or if you are simply interested in putting a new technology to innovative use, this course is for you.
This course helps you understand the process of entrepreneurship from a technology-oriented background.
The course is made up of modules that are presented by experts in the field of entrepreneurship and technology. Modules include:
- Team Building
- Opportunity Recognition
- Customer Acquisition
You will work on your idea in a team environment and examples of founders and start-ups will be used during the course to initiate insightful discussions. The course closes with the creation of a two-page business plan and a video pitch.
What you'll learn
- Learn what it takes to become a "technopreneur"
- Explore various methods for identifying opportunities
- Learn how to conduct market research and provide evidence for the viability of the business idea
- Develop a viable business proposition and learn to pitch your ideas for various audiences
- Understand the dynamics of new venture development and team building
- Develop the ability to translate a business idea into marketing and financial plans
Selected learners could be contacted by one of the incubators associated with the participating universities:
- TU Delft
- TU Eindhoven
- University of Twente
- Wageningen University & Research
Quote on this course
"I should have taken this course before I started my company. That would have saved me a lot of time, money and sleepless nights."
- Week 0: Introduction
- Week 1: The Start of the Entrepreneurial Journey
- Week 2: From Idea to Opportunity
- Week 3: Customer Validation and Customer Strategy
- Week 4: The Minimum Viable Product
- Week 5: Business Modelling
- Week 6: Strategy and Finance
- Week 7: Finding Ecosystem Support for your Innovation
- Week 8: Call for Action
Associate professor at NIKOS, University of Twente.
Assistant professor of Education and Competence Studies, Wageningen University.
Assistant professor in Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Wageningen University.
Assistant professor of Entrepreneurship, Eindhoven University of Technology.
Researcher in Entrepreneurship, Eindhoven University of Technology.
This is a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) that runs on edX. A BSc degree is advised.