"With online education we can share knowledge anywhere in the world and learn from the situations in sewage treatment abroad. Moreover, the online material gives the opportunity for on-campus courses to flip the classroom and create more time for discussion, exercises and formative assessment in class."
Merle de Kreuk is a wastewater professor at the Sanitary Engineering department of the Delft University of Technology. Her research focus is on (municipal and industrial) wastewater treatment systems and anaerobic processes, aiming to link the world of Biotechnology to the Civil Engineering, as well as fundamental research to industrial applications.
Her previous work experience also involved the position of water treatment technology innovator at Water authority Hollandse Delta on projects such as the Energy Factory in which 14 water authorities cooperated to develop an energy producing sewage treatment plant.
- Hydrolysis processes in anaerobic treatment
- Granule formation and deterioration
Wastewater professor at the Sanitary Engineering department of the Delft University of Technology
PhD, Biotechnology, Delft University of Technology
MSc, Environmental Engineering, Wageningen University and Research Centre
- Keuten, MGA, Peters, MCFM, Daanen, HAM, Kreuk, MK de, Rietveld, LC & Dijk, JC van (2014). Quantification of continual anthropogenic pollutant release in swimming pools. Water Research, 53(April), 259-270.
- Keuten, MGA, Peters, MCFM, Daanen, HAM, Kreuk, MK de, Rietveld, LC & Dijk, JC van (2014). Quantification of continual anthropogenic pollutants released in swimming pools. Water Research, 53(April), 259-270.
- Pronk, M, Bassin, JP, Kreuk, MK de, Kleerebezem, R & Loosdrecht, MCM van (2014). Evaluating the main and side effects of high salinity on aerobic granular sludge. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 98(3), 1339-1348.
- Munoz Sierra, JD, Kreuk, MK de, Spanjers, H & Lier, JB van (2013). Anaerobic membrane bioreactor under extreme conditions. In s.n. (Ed.), Proceedings of the 1st Delft Process Technology Institute annual event 2013 (pp. 1-1). Delft: Delft process technology institute.
- Loosdrecht, MCM van, Pronk, M & Kreuk, MK de (2014). Nederlandse waterzuivering als export-product: Door Peter Baeten. Update - STW Relatiemagazine, 2(2), 9-11.