Whether you want to make a strong start to a master’s degree, solidify your knowledge in a professional context or simply brush up on fundamentals in calculus, this program will get you up to speed.
This program will enable you to review the relevant topics and offer you an overview of the calculus common in most engineering bachelor’s programs.
The courses in this program provide enough depth to cover the calculus you need to succeed in your engineering master’s or professional work in areas such as structural engineering, integrated product design, machine learning, geomatics and more.
In the first course you will review all the basic concepts and practice and refresh your skills, from functions to differential equations. By the end you will be able to solve a wide range of differential equations.
The second course will review all the basic concepts and you will practice and refresh the skills related to functions of several variables. Topics covered include contour plots, partial and directional derivatives, extreme values, double and triple integrals and common coordinate changes.
These courses are self-paced, self-contained and modular, to make it easier to review specific topics and practice as often as you want without having to follow the entire courses.
This program is ideal for:
- Prospective engineering students who want to meet the prerequisites for a MSc program, be better prepared or refresh their mathematics knowledge before starting a master’s degree.
- Engineering or bachelor students who realize that they have a gap in their math knowledge or would like an additional challenge in mathematics not offered by their studies.
- Working professionals who would like to improve their math knowledge.
- Anyone interested in university level mathematics.
- This program will refresh your knowledge, test your skills and review the relations between the many concepts in calculus. As review courses, you are expected to have previously studied or be familiar with most of the material.
This program is part of our series ‘Mastering Mathematics for Engineers’, together with ‘Mastering Linear Algebra’ and ‘Mastering Probability and Statistics’.