Sami studied Civil-Surveying engineering at the Amirkabir University of Technology in Iran, graduating in 2004. He then went to Delft University of Technology, completing a Master in Geomatics engineering. In 2007 he received his MSc degree with a thesis concerned improving Persistent Scatterer Interferometry (PSI) for deformation monitoring.
Following his master, Sami joined the Department of Earth observation and Space Systems of TUD as PhD student in the field of radar remote sensing. His current research interest is deformation monitoring in urban environments using multi-temporal satellite radar interferometry.
Estimation theory and mathematical geodesy.
Radar remote sensing.
Researcher in the field of radar remote sensing, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences, Delft University of Technology
MSc in Geomatics Engineering, faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
BSc in Civil-Surveying engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology in Iran
- Mahapatra, P , Marel, H van der, Leijen, FJ van, Samiei Esfahany, S , Klees, R , Hanssen, RF (2015). Connecting InSAR to a global geodetic datum: Towards absolute scatterer displacements. s.n., RF (Eds.) Proceedings of the Fringe 2015 workshop (pp. 1-1) Noordwijk: ESA.
- Mahapatra, PS , Samiei Esfahany, S , Hanssen, RF (2015). Geodetic network design for InSAR., IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 53 (7), 3669-3680.
- Mahapatra, PS , Samiei Esfahany, S , Hanssen, RF (2014). Geodetic network design for InSAR using reflectors and transponders. Levesque, J, Garneau, JM, Le Drew, E (Eds.) Proceedings of the 2014 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS) (pp. 974-977) Piscataway: IEEE.
- Mahapatra, PS , Samiei Esfahany, S , Marel, H van der, Hanssen, RF (2013). On the use of transponders as coherent radar targets for SAR interferometry., IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 52 (3), 1869-1878.
- Caro Cuenca, M , Samiei Esfahany, S , Hanssen, RF (2010). A least squares approach for joining persistent scaterer INSAR time series acquired by different satellites. s.n., RF (Eds.) Proccedings of the Living Planet Symposium 2010 (pp. 1-8) ESA.