"The most exciting of online education for me is that it offers development opportunities for everybody around, in their particular contexts. It provides us a platform to translate, share and broaden our knowledge. And given the current disappointing track-record of project performance in general, there is room for improvement!"
In 1999, Marian Bosch-Rekveldt obtained her Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering at Twente University. After 7 years of working as a project engineer and project manager at TNO, she joined the Delft Centre for Project Management in 2006 and started a PhD research titled "Managing project complexity: a study into adapting early project phases to improve project performance in large engineering projects". She successfully defended her PhD thesis November 15th, 2011.
Marian is involved in teaching and research in the field of Project Management. Her research interests include, but are not limited to, project complexity, front-end development, value improving practices and people factors, similar to her dissertation themes. Linking research outcomes to practice is one of her main drivers. She is teacher in several project (management) courses at CEG (BSc program and CME master program) and coordinates the project management minor: Project Management: from Nano to Mega, newly started in September 2013. In addition, she developed and regularly conducts in-company training in project management.
- Project complexity.
- Front end development.
- Contingency theory.
- Explanation VIPs.
Assistant professor in the section Infrastructure Design and Management, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences, Delft University of Technology
PhD in Project Management, Delft University of Technology
MSc in Mechanical Engineering, Twente University
- Rekveldt, MGC (2015). Applying a mixed methods approach for researching project management in engineering projects. Methods, Designs and Practices for Research into Project Management, (pp. 315-325) Surrey: Gower Publishing.
- Rekveldt, MGC , Bakker, HLM , Hertogh, MJCM , Mooi, HG (2015). Drivers of Complexity in Engineering Projects. Handbook on Project Management and Scheduling - Vol. 2, (pp. 1079-1101) Cham, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing.
- Priemus, H , Rekveldt, MGC , Giezen, M (2013). Dealing with the complexity, uncertainties and risk of mega-projects: redundancy, resilience and adaptivity. International Handbook on Mega-Projects, (pp. 83-110) Cheltenham UK, Northampton MA, USA: Edward Elgar.
- Rekveldt, MGC , Smith, J , Mooi, HG , Bakker, HLM , Verbraeck, A (2011). The application of Value Improving Practices: team integration pays off!. s.n., A (Eds.) Euram 2011 : Proceedings of the 11th conference (pp. 1-34) Tallinn: Estonian Business School.
- Rekveldt, MGC , Mooi, HG , Verbraeck, A , Bakker, HLM (2012). Evaluating a complexity network - a practitioners view on project complexity., Project Perspectives, XXXIV, 46-51.