Luuk Rietveld is professor of Urban Water Cycle Technology at the Sanitary Engineering Section of Delft University of Technology. After finalizing his studies in Civil Engineering at Delft University of Technology in 1987, he worked until 1987 as Assistant and later as Associate expert for the Dutch Directorate General for International Co-operation in Mozambique. During that period, he was employed as lecturer/researcher of Sanitary Engineering at the Eduardo Mondlane University, Maputo, Mozambique.
Between 1991 and 1994, he worked at the Management Centre for International Co-operation, Delft University of Technology. Since 1994 he has worked at the Department of Water Management, in the Sanitary Engineering Section of Delft University of Technology.
In 2005, Luuk Rietveld defended his PhD thesis entitled "Improving Operation of Drinking Water Treatment through Modelling".
Professor of Urban Water Cycle Technology at the Department of Water Management, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences, Delft University of Technology
PhD in Drinking Water Treatment, Delft University of Technology
MSc in Civil Engineering, Delft University of Technology
- Arsenio, AM, Vreeburg, JHG, Bouma, F & Rietveld, LC (2015). Characterization of PVC joints' behaviour during variable loading laboratory tests. Urban Water Journal, 1-9.
- Pocas, A, Rebola, N, Rodrigues, S, Benoliel, MJ, Rietveld, LC, Vreeburg, J & Menaia, J (2015). Pilot studies on discolouration loose deposits' build-up Pilot studies on discolouration loose deposits' build-up. Urban Water Journal, 1-8.
- Sanchez, LD, Visscher, JT & Rietveld, LC (2015). Performance of upflow gravel filtration in multi-stage filtration plants. Water Science and Technology, 1-11.
- Gutierrez Marin, JP, Halem, D van & Rietveld, LC (2013). Heavy metal removal from highly turbid river water with bank filtration. In s.n. (Ed.), IWA Metals 2013, Metal in water: Health protection and sustainability through technical innovation (pp. ?-?). s.l.: s.n..
- Aarts, ALF, Langeveld, JG, Veldhuis, JAE ten & Rietveld, LC (2013). Combined sewer overflows in urban areas - interpreting and comparing European CSO monitoring results. In s.n. (Ed.), Proceedings of the 7th international conference on sewer processes and networks (pp. 1-8). s.l.: IWA.