"Online education will enable customized personal education in contrast with the group or cohort education of today."
Jos Sinke is Assistant Professor at the Department of Aerospace Structures and Materials of the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering of TU Delft, where he also received his MSc-degree. His expertise is on the workshop properties and manufacturing processes of metal alloys, hybrid materials like Fiber Metal Laminates, and composites.
In addition to lecturing, he is involved in many different research projects, such as the application of GLARE in the Airbus A380 and the development of production processes for the Aerospace industry and metal workshops. The most recent research topics he has been working on are manufacturing using soft tools and the application of the Tailor Made Blank concept in Aerospace.
At the moment, his focus is on the elastic responses of materials upon manufacturing processes, like spring back in sheet forming and distortions of laminated products after curing.
Assistant professor at the Department of Aerospace Structures and Materials of the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology
Head of Delft Aerospace Materials & Structures Laboratory, Delft University of Technology
MSc in Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology
- Muller, B, Teixeira de Freitas, S & Sinke, J (2014). Measuring thermal diffusion in fiber metal laminates. 25th International Conference on Adaptive Structures and Technologies: The Hague, Netherlands (2014, October 6 - 2014, October 8).
- Teixeira De Freitas, S & Sinke, J (2013). Adhesion properties of bonded composite to aluminum joints using peel tests. The Journal of Adhesion, 90(5-6), 511-525.
- Miesen, N, Sinke, J, Groves, RM & Benedictus, R (2013). Laser displacement sensor to monitor the layup process of composite laminate production. In s.n. (Ed.), Proceedings of SPIE 8692 Vol. 8692. Proceedings of SPIE- International Society for Optical Engineering (pp. 1-8). San Diege, CA: SPIE.
- Teixeira De Freitas, S, Sinke, J & Vlijm, J (2013). Adhesion properties in adhesively bonded composite-to-aluminum joints. In LFM da Silva & RD Adams (Eds.), 2nd international Conference on Structural Adhesive Bonding (pp. 1-6). Porto, Portugal: Universidade do Porto.
- Miesen, N, Sinke, J, Groves, RM & Benedictus, R (2012). Demonstration of novel Lamb wave detection of flaws during the layup process of composite laminate production. In R Hanke & C Boller (Eds.), Proceedings of the 4th international symposium on NDT Aerospace (pp. 1-8). Berlin, Germany: DGfZP.