Jill Slinger received her Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, in 1997 and her M.Sc in Mathematics (cum laude) in 1988. Slinger's career has focused on the issues of water and coastal policy, and long term decision making.
She has worked as an environmental scientist and policy advisor in the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research of South Africa; as an international water and coastal specialist at Resource Analysis in the Netherlands; and since 2003 in long term decision making, integrated design and simulation at the Delft University of Technology.
Jill Slinger is an Associate Professor holding a dual appointment at the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences, and the Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management. She teaches courses on systems modeling at graduate and PhD level and is spearheading the university's teaching on Building with Nature. As Visiting Professor at Rhodes University, South Africa, Slinger is also involved in addressing water and coastal implementation challenges in the developing world.
Water and coastal policy.
Long term decision making.
Associate professor, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
Associate professor, Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management
Visiting professor, Rhodes University, South Africa
PhD in Applied Mathematics, University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
MSc in Mathematics (cum laude), University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
- Slinger, JH , Cunningham, S.W. , Hermans, LM , Linnane, SM , Palmer, CG (2014). A game structuring approach applied to estuary management in South Africa., EURO Journal on Decision Processes (online), 2 (3-4), 341-363.
- Cunningham, S.W. , Hermans, LM , Slinger, JH (2014). A review and participatory extension of game structuring methods., EURO Journal on Decision Processes (online), 2 (3-4), 173-193.
- Eker, S , Slinger, JH , Daalen, C van, Yucel, G (2014). Sensitivity analysis of graphical functions., System Dynamics Review, 30 (3), 186-205.
- Slinger, JH , Eker, S , Daalen, C van, Yucei, G (2014). Sensitivity analysis of graphical functions., System Dynamics Review, 30 (3), 186-205.
- Bontje, LE , Slinger, JH (2014). Stories and storytelling in the pre-realization phases of the sand engine: Analysis of personal narratives from pilot project stakeholders. Conference paper IPA 2014: the 9th International conference in interpretative policy analysis, governance and beyond (pp. 1-23) s.l.: s.n..