Since 2007, Hans Bakker is professor of the chair "Management of Engineering Projects" at Delft University of Technology. He closely collaborates with the companies of the NAP-network, who are sponsoring this chair. He edited the book "Management of Engineering Project – People are key" (2014), which also illustrates his main focus: in the end it is all about the people involved.
Research focus is on the development of project management tools covering the whole chain from the development of sustainable process concepts in the laboratory through to the construction of plants combining cost leadership with a minimal ecological footprint. A second focus area will be the adaptability and scalability of project management tools for every phase of the project cycle from technology development through to construction. Special attention will be given in this field to the nature of the projects and the size of the executing companies and their role in the whole chain.
Professor of the chair Management of Engineering Projects, Delft University of Technology.
Project Manager Winning Innovation at Shell.
PhD in Physics and Mathematics, University of Amsterdam
MSc in Physics and Mathematics, University of Amsterdam
- Rekveldt, MGC , Bakker, HLM , Hertogh, MJCM , Mooi, HG (2015). Drivers of Complexity in Engineering Projects. Handbook on Project Management and Scheduling - Vol. 2, (pp. 1079-1101) Cham, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing.
- Suprapto, M , Bakker, HLM , Mooi, HG (2015). Relational factors in owner-contractor collaboration: The mediating role of teamworking., International Journal of Project Management, 33 (6), 1347-1363.
- Suprapto, M , Bakker, HLM , Mooi, HG , Moree, BJ (2015). Sorting out the essence of owner-contractor collaboration in capital project delivery., International Journal of Project Management, 33 (3), 664-683.
- Suprapto, M , Bakker, HLM , Mooi, HG (2015). The impact of contract type and incentive on the performance of capital project. Dobija, D (Eds.) Proceedings of the 2015 EURAM conference (pp. 1-35) Warsaw: Kozminski University.
- Rekveldt, MGC , Smith, J , Mooi, HG , Bakker, HLM , Verbraeck, A (2011). The application of Value Improving Practices: team integration pays off!. s.n., A (Eds.) Euram 2011 : Proceedings of the 11th conference (pp. 1-34) Tallinn: Estonian Business School.