"The reach of the internet is unlimited. Online education will be the lifeline for those who cannot be there."
Federico Pisanò is assistant professor of Offshore Soil Mechanics at TU Delft and has 10 years' experience in the area of theoretical and computational Geomechanics. He earned a PhD in Geotechnical Engineering in 2011 from Politecnico di Milano and had significant research experiences at international institutions, including Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, University of California Davis and University of Western Australia.
He has published approximately 30 journal and conference papers, with current focus on the numerical analysis of offshore foundations systems and dynamic soil-structure interaction. Since 2015 he is a member of the ISSMGE Technical Committee 209 on Offshore Geotechnics.
The main core of Federico's teaching at TU Delft are the MSc course "Offshore Geotechnical Engineering" and "Soil Dynamics", with other contributions to "Marine Pipelines" and "Introduction to Geotechnical Engineering".
- Constitutive/numerical modelling of geomaterials, with applications to shallow and piled foundations, slope stability and anchoring systems.
- Offshore Geotechnics and soil-foundation-structure interaction in offshore wind turbines, jack-up units and floating structures.
Assistant professor of Offshore Soil Mechanics, faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences,Delft University of Technology
PhD in Structural, Seismic and Geotechnical Engineering, Politecnico di Milano
MSc in Civil Engineering, Politecnico di Milano
BSc in Environmental Engineering, Politecnico di Milano
- S. Corciulo, O. Zanoli, F. Pisanò (2017). "Transient response of offshore wind turbines on monopiles in sand: role of cyclic hydro-mechanical soil behaviour", Computers and Geotechnics, 83, 221-2382.
- A. Saviano, F. Pisanò (2017). "Effects of misalignment on the undrained HV capacity of suction anchors in clay", Ocean Engineering, 133, 89-1063.
- F. Tradigo, F. Pisanò, C. di Prisco, A. Mussi (2015). "Non-linear soil-structure interaction in disconnected piled raft foundations", Computers and Geotechnics, 63, 121-1344.
- F. Pisanò, B. Jeremic (2014). "Simulating stiffness degradation and damping in soils via a simple visco-elastic-plastic model", Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 63, 98-1095.
- F. Pisanò, C. di Prisco, R. Lancellotta (2014). "Soil-foundation modelling in laterally loaded historical towers", Géotechnique, 64(1), 1-15.