Diomidis Spinellis is a professor of Software Engineering in the Department of Management Science and Technology at the Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece and a professor of Software Analytics in the Department of Software Technology at the Delft University of Technology.
In 2013 he worked as a site reliability engineering senior software engineer for Google, while from 2009 to 2011 he managed the IT Systems at the Greek Ministry of Finance. He has published more than 300 technical papers in journals and refereed conference proceedings, which have received more than 8000 citations. He served for a decade as a member of the IEEE Software editorial board, authoring the regular "Tools of the Trade" column. He has contributed code that ships with macOS and BSD Unix and is the developer of CScout, UMLGraph, git-issue and other open-source software packages, libraries, and tools. He holds an MEng in Software Engineering and a PhD in Computer Science, both from Imperial College London.
Diomidis is a senior member of the ACM and the IEEE and Editor-in-Chief emeritus of IEEE Software.
Professor of Software Analytics the Department of Software Technology at the Delft University of Technology
Professor of Software Engineering in the Department of Management Science and Technology at the Athens University of Economics and Business
PhD, Computer Science, Imperial College
MEng, Software Engineering, Imperial College
- Diomidis Spinellis and Paris Avgeriou. Evolution of the Unix system architecture: An exploratory case study. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 2019. doi:10.1109/TSE.2019.2892149 Diomidis Spinellis. Modern debugging: The art of finding a needle in a haystack. Communications of the ACM, 61(11):124–134, October 2018.
- Diomidis Spinellis and Marios Fragkoulis. Extending Unix pipelines to DAGs. IEEE Transactions on Computers, 66(9):1547–1561, September 2017.
- Diomidis Spinellis. A repository of Unix History and evolution. Empirical Software Engineering, 22(3):1372–1404, 2017.
- Diomidis Spinellis. Effective Debugging: 66 Specific Ways to Debug Software and Systems. Addison-Wesley Professional, Boston, MA, 2016.
- Diomidis Spinellis, Panos Louridas, and Maria Kechagia. The evolution of C programming practices: A study of the Unix operating system 1973–2015.
- In Willem Visser and Laurie Williams, editors, ICSE '16: Proceedings of the 38th International Conference on Software Engineering, pages 748–759, New York, May 2016. Association for Computing Machinery.