Dr. Conny Bakker is associate professor at the TU Delft, faculty of Industrial Design Engineering. She coordinates and teaches several courses in Sustainable Design and Circular Product Design. Her research field is Design for the Circular Economy, in particular the design and development of products that are used more than once (i.e. that have multiple lifecycles). She explores and develops design methods and strategies for product life-extension, reuse, remanufacturing and recycling, as well as the business models that enable these strategies.
A second research interest is the field of user centred sustainable design, which focuses on exploring the relationships between consumer behaviour, sustainability and design. Conny Bakker holds a PhD in 'environmental information for industrial designers', which she obtained in 1995 while working at the research organisation TNO.
Circular Product Design.
Behaviour, sustainability & design.
Associate professor at the Department of Design for Sustainability, Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering, Delft University of Technology
PhD in 'environmental information for industrial designers', Delft University of Technology
- Bakker, CA & Kuijer, L. (2014). More disposable than ever? Consequences of non-removable batteries in mobile devices. In s.n. (Ed.), Proceedings of CARE Innovation 2014 Going Green conference (pp. 1-7). s.l.: Austrian Society for Systems Engineering and Automation.
- Fakhredin, F, Bakker, CA & Geraedts, JMP (2014). Designer focused quickscan recyclability assessment method. In s.n. (Ed.), Proceedings of CARE Innovation 2014 Going Green conference (pp. 1-10). s.l.: Austrian Society for Systems Engineering and Automation.
- Nilstad Pettersen, I & Bakker, CA (2013). Developments in European ecodesign policy and the prospects for design for sustainable practices. In s.n. (Ed.), Proceedings of the EcoDesign 2013 international symposium (pp. 1-6). s.l.: s.n..
- Bakker, CA, Wang, F, Huisman, J & Hollander, MC den (2014). Products that go round: Exploring product life extension through design. Journal of Cleaner Production, 69(April), 10-16.
- Fakhredin, F, Bakker, CA, Huisman, J & Geraedts, JMP (2013). Five perspectives on design for end of life: Highlights of a literature review. In s.n. (Ed.), Proceedings of the EcoDesign 2013 international symposium (pp. 1-8). s.l.: KITECH Korea National Cleaner Production Center (KNCPC).