"Online education gives students and teachers freedom to explore and personalize their approach to learning."
Carlos Simão Ferreira is an associate professor at the faculty of Aerospace Engineering at TU Delft, researching Wind Turbine Aerodynamics, with a focus on multi-megawatt offshore VAWTs. He is also the coordinator of the Erasmus Mundus European Wind Energy Master (EWEM), a joint program by Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), the Technical University of Denmark (DTU), the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) and the Carl von Ossietzky Universität Oldenburg (UniOl).
Carlos earned his Master's degree cum laude in Aerospace Engineering at TU Delft, together with a Licenciatura em Engenharia Aerospacial at the Technical University of Lisbon. He obtained his PhD cum laude at TU Delft in 2009, with the dissertation "The near wake of the VAWT: 2D and 3D views of the VAWT aerodynamics".
Associate professor at the Department of Wind Energy, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology
PhD, Delft University of Technology
MSc in Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology
- Roscher, B, Simao Ferreira, CJ, Bernhammer, LO, Aagard Madsen, H, Grifftith, D & Stoevesandt, B (2015). Combined structural optimization and aeroelastic analysis of a vertical axis wind turbine. In s.n. (Ed.), AIAA Science and technology forum 2015 (pp. 1-10). Kissimmee: AIAA.
- Akay, B, Micallef, D, Simao Ferreira, CJ & Bussel, GJW van (2014). Effects of geometry and tip speed ratio on the HAWT blade's root flow. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 555, 1-14.
- Campo, V, Ragni, D, Diez, FJ & Simao Ferreira, CJ (2014). Estimation of loads on a horizontal axis wind turbine operating in yawed flow conditions. Wind Energy, 2014(August), 1-18.
- Lignarolo, L, Ragni, D, Krishnaswami, C, Chen, Q, Simao Ferreira, CJ & Bussel, GJW van (2014). Experimental analysis of the wake of a horizontal-axis wind-turbine model. Renewable Energy, 70, 1-16.
- Lignarolo, LEM, Ragni, D, Simao Ferreira, CJ & Bussel, GJW van (2014). Kinetic energy entrainment in wind turbine and actuator disc wakes: an experimental analysis. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 524, 1-11.