Arjan van Timmeren is full professor at Delft University of Technology, Faculty of Architecture and the Built Environment, Department Urbanism, Environmental Technology & Design, Academical Portfolio Director ‘Sustainable Cities’ for TUD Extension School for continuing education and Principal Investigator at ‘AMS Institute’ (Institute for ‘Advanced Metropolitan Solutions’) in Amsterdam.
His work focuses on sustainable development in the built environment, with emphasis on Environmental Technology, Urban Metabolism, Circular and Biobased Economy, Urban Climate and environmental behaviour.
Arjan leads several (inter)national projects and has seats in (inter)national steering groups, quality teams and scientific boards.
- Sustainable area development.
- Energy-neutral construction.
- Connection and integration of electrical and general mobility.
- Sustainable technology & renewable energy.
- Processing resource flows and associated infrastructure in urban environments.
Professor of the chair in Environmental Technology & Design at the faculty of Architecture at TU Delft
Lead Principle Investigator of the Amsterdam-based Institute for Advanced Metropolitan Solutions (AMS)
PhD with distinction for his research into the optimum scale for the preservation of the water, energy and nutrient flows in the built environment, TU Delft
- Timmeren, A van (2014, October 20) 'Green Citizen motivates Green Cities'. Global challenges and Dutch elaborations.. Keynote at World Green Design Forum, Green Building
- Forgaci, C , Timmeren, A van (2014). A spatial-hormetic approach to urban resilience. 0 s.n., A (Eds.) Proceedings International Conference URC 2014 (pp. 1-13) Hamburg: s.n..
- Timmeren, A van (2014, September 04) AMS Towards Advanced Metropolitan Solutions.. Seminar 'Future Cities Catapult', on Clipper 'de Amsterdam'
- Timmeren, A van (2014, June 20) AMS: What are the Challenges? Towards Advanced Metropolitan Solutions. Keynote AMS Launch Conference
- Timmeren, A van (09-25-2014) Aansprakelijk stellen van bouwer en initiatiefnemer. Cobouw (column)