As a leader, you are accountable for the cyber maturity of your organization. In a world where IT-dependency grows and new cyber threats surface every day, cybersecurity is not something that can simply be delegated to the IT-department. It must be on the strategic agenda at the highest level of your organization.
This course has been designed for organizational leaders: directors, managers and advisors to the board, who seek the knowledge that will help them develop a custom cybersecurity program for their organization or improve an existing one. It goes beyond the technical solutions and presents cybersecurity as an enterprise-wide risk management challenge, with an impact at technical, organizational and governance levels.
This course will equip you with the framework, vocabulary and understanding of cyber risks, and will give you the confidence to take the lead in cybersecurity initiatives. With the knowledge and tools you gain, you will be able to prepare your organization for current as well as future cyber threats.
In this course you will learn to:
- Develop strategies to build a cyber-resilient organization.
- Identify cyber threats for your organization (including ransomware and phishing attacks), assess their risk levels, and determine how to mitigate these risks to acceptable levels.
- Lead the cybersecurity initiative within your organization by developing solutions, including the design and implementation of cybersecurity action plans.
- Deal with cybersecurity crises at a strategic level.
Taught by experts in the field of Cybersecurity
This course is taught by experts associated with the Cyber Security Academy, an initiative of the municipality of The Hague and a cooperation between Delft University of Technology, Leiden University and the Hague University of Applied Sciences. The Cyber Security Academy is known for its high level of professional education and its interdisciplinary approach.
Board members and managers typically have little time. The course is therefore designed to provide the crucial insights in a brief and concise manner. You are encouraged to apply the concepts and reflect on strategic actions you can take to increase the cyber-resilience of your organization. The course consists of 5 modules:1 - The need for a strategic approach to Cybersecurity
- Recognize general cybersecurity events
- Evaluate the importance of cybersecurity for organizations
- Explain why and how all organizations are vulnerable
- Identify the difference between accidental and intentional events
- Frame cybersecurity challenges using an appropriate vocabulary
- Identify the key cyber activities of your organization
- Distinguish between the different layers that constitute your organization's cyber activities: IT services, users and governance
- Understand the need for implementing a cyber risk management cycle.
- Define and implement cybersecurity as an enterprise-wide risk management challenge
- Link general cyber risks to scenarios within your own organization
- Estimate the probability of these cyber threat scenarios and their potential impact
- Use a model to determine how to deal with the identified cyber risks so as to reduce them to acceptable levels.
- Implement the stages of a risk management business process in a cyber setting.
- Adopting cybersecurity as a strategic inter-organizational business issue
- Implementing the cyber risk management cycle as a business process through a consistent distribution of duties and responsibilities concerning critical cyber activities
- Transforming from a cyber-secure into a cyber-resilient organization
- Understand what crises are and what impact they can have on organizations
- Recognize the common pitfalls in organizational crisis management
- Master the essential leadership initiatives required to deal with cybersecurity crises
If you successfully complete this course you will earn a professional education certificate and you are eligible to receive 2.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
This course is primarily geared towards working professionals.
In order to complete your enrollment you will be asked to upload the following document:
- a copy of your passport or ID card (no driver's license)
If you have any questions about this course or the TU Delft online learning environment, please visit our Help & Support page.