7 Tips That Will Make Your Online Learning a Successful One
Thank you for enrolling in one of our courses! The staff members and instructors are committed to your success. Carefully read the following information as it will help you to complete your course successfully.
1. Planning makes perfect - Online courses are not easier than classroom courses. In fact, you may find online courses more challenging because you must keep yourself engaged and organized in order to succeed. Manage your time and tasks wisely and mind the submission deadlines throughout the course to keep you on track. Incorporate your study schedule into your other life responsibilities, such as work requirements.
2. Social learning - We believe that learning is an active and social process. We therefore encourage you to participate in the discussion forums – not only to ask questions about material that you did not fully grasp, but also to support your fellow classmates. You will be amazed how much it helps in the learning process!
3. Communication is key - In the forums and through emails, communicate positively, proactively, and politely. In online courses, you will communicate with others primarily through written words. Carefully choosing your words when communicating with others is critical to maintain a safe learning environment based on mutual respect. Bear in mind that your online class consists of people of different backgrounds and cultures, which can make communication challenging at times.
4. Reach out when needed - Seek help as needed from your instructors. The only way your online instructors can know that you need help is if you let them know. Ask questions and seek clarification as early and as often as needed; delay can only hinder your learning.
5. Stay connected - Make sure you have access to a computer with a reliable internet connection. Slow or unreliable internet can impair your ability to complete online coursework effectively. Technical problems cannot serve as a reasonable excuse for missing a deadline or failing to complete other course requirements. Prepare now for technical difficulties by having an alternative plan for internet access.
6. Use available resources - TU Delft offers a variety of free support services that can help you succeed. In addition to the services that you can find on the online learning environment, take advantage of other resources, such as DelftX MOOCs and course materials on the OpenCourseWare. For a basic math refresh, we recommend the Pre-University Calculus MOOC.
7. Maintain integrity - Academic integrity represents one of the most essential elements of the teaching and learning process. All TU Delft learners are expected to fulfill their academic obligations through honest and independent effort. While supporting your fellow students during the course is encouraged, by submitting assignments and quizzes that are defined by your instructor as an individual work, you pledge that the work is truly your own. You can read more about TU Delft's Fraud and Plagiarism policy and Code of Ethics.