Rudy Konings is a part-time professor at the section Physics of Nuclear Reactors, Department of Radiation, Science & Technology, Faculty of Applied Sciences at the Delft University of Technology. He is also the Head of the Materials Research unit at the Institute for Transuranium Elements (Karlsruhe, Germany) of the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission.
He was awarded his PhD in Chemistry at the University of Amsterdam in 1990. His research focusses on the behavior of Nuclear reactor fuel and Nuclear waste.
Nuclear reactor fuel behaviour.
Chemistry of fission products.
Nuclear waste behaviour.
Chemical thermodynamics of actinide (5f) and lanthanide (4f) elements and their compounds.
Professor at the section Physics of Nuclear Reactors, Department of Radiation, Science & Technology, Faculty of Applied Sciences at the Delft University of Technology
Head of the Materials Research unit at the Institute for Transuranium Elements (Karlsruhe, Germany) of the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission
PhD in Chemistry, University of Amsterdam
MSc in Geochemistry, Utrecht University
- Gotcu-Freis, P , Colle, JY , Hiernaut, J-P , Beneš, O , Guéneau, C , Konings, RJM (2014). A mass spectrometric investigation of the vaporisation behaviour in the (U + Pu + O) system., The Journal of Chemical Thermodynamics, 71, 212-220.
- Cakir, P , Eloirdi, R , Huber, F , Konings, RJM , Gouder, T (2014). An XPS and UPS study on the electronic structure of ThOx(x<=2) thins films., The Journal of Physical Chemistry C (Energy Conversion and Storage, Optical and Electronic Devices, Interfaces, Nanomaterials, and Hard Matter), 118 (42), 24497-24503.
- Valu, SO , Staicu, D , Benes, O , Konings, RJM , Lajarge, P (2014). Heat capacity, thermal conductivity and thermal diffusivity of uranium-americium mixed oxides., Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 614, 144-150.
- Manara, D , Bohler, R , Capriotti, L , Quaini, A , Bao, Z , Boboridis, K , Luzzi, L , Janssen, A , Pomi, P , Konings, RJM (2014). On the melting behaviour of calcium monoxide under different atmospheres: a laser heating study., Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 34 (6), 1623-1636.
- Di Lemma, FG , Colle, JY , Ernstberger, M , Rasmussen, G , Thiele, H , Konings, RJM (2014). RADES an experimental set-up for the characterization of aerosol release from nuclear and radioactive materials., Journal of Aerosol Science, 70, 36-49.