Robert Mudde is professor of multiphase flow at Chemical Engineering of Delft University of Technology. He is also Director of Education of the Faculty of Applied Sciences. He has been teaching Transport Phenomena for over 25 years to undergraduate students in Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering and Earth Sciences. In his research he focuses on transport phenomena in multiphase flow reactors. Advanced experiments using radiation as well as computational methods are used to study these systems.
In our research, we focus on dispersed multiphase flows, like gas bubbles in water or granular matter and powders in a gas stream. The focus is on industrial reactors, like bubble columns and fluidized beds. However, the research portfolio is broader and at the moment encompasses for example in-line separation of oil from water for the oil and gas production.
Both numerical simulations and advanced experiments are carried out.
Professor of Multiphase Flow at Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Delft University of Technology
Director of Education, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Delft University of Technology
Director Graduate School, Faculty of Applied Sciences, Delft University of Technology
PhD in Physics, Leiden University
Dr. in Physics, Leiden University
- Yang, X, Ommen, JR van, Wagner, EC & Mudde, RF (2014). Time-resolved characterization of a flat-base spouted bed with a high speed X-ray system. Chemical Engineering Journal, 254, 143-152.
- Ommen, JR van, Yang, X, Gomez Hernandez, J, Sonneveld, JJ, Wagner, EC & Mudde, RF (2014). Recent advances in x-ray tomography of fluidized beds. In s.n. (Ed.), Conference Proceedings 2014 AIChE Annual Meeting (pp. 1-1). Atlanta, USA: s.n..
- Hooshyar, N, Mudde, RF , Ommen, JR van, Hamersma, PJ & Sundaresan, S (2014, January 22). When a bubble collides with particles: Stokes or Newton? Veldhoven, The Netherlands, Physics @ FOM.
- Ommen, JR van, Yang, X, Gomez Hernandez, J, Sonneveld, JJ, Wagner, EC & Mudde, RF (2014, November 20). Recent advances in x-ray tomography of fluidized beds. Atlanta, USA, 2014 AIChE annual meeting.
- Bhardwaj, R, Kortenaar, MV ten & Mudde, RF (2013). Influence of condensation surface on solar distillation. Desalination, 326, 37-45.