Giulia Calabretta is an associate professor in Strategic Value of Design at Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering, Delft University of Technology. Giulia has a marketing background and holds a PhD in Management Science from ESADE Business School (Spain).
Giulia believes that design and design practices are the right way to go for making companies more innovative in their DNA and prepare them for the behavioral, technological and cultural revolutions of the future. So her current research focus is on understanding how design practices and capabilities can be effectively and permanently integrated in the innovation strategy and processes of companies. Additionally, she is interested in what makes a great Chief Design Officer and why each company (and institution) should have one.
Her research has been published in such journals as Organization Studies, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Service Theory and Practice, Journal of Service Management.
Best Lecturer TU Delft 2017
During the TU Delft Education Day, Giulia Calabretta was elected Best Lecturer TU Delft 2017 by a jury of students.
- Design Thinking.
- Innovation strategy.
- Innovation Management.
Associate professor in Strategic Value of Design at the Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering, Delft University of Technology
Executive Education, Global Colloquium on Participant-Centered LEarning, Harvard Business School
PhD, Management Science, ESADE Business & Law School
Bachelor and Master, Business Administration - Marketing, Università Commerciale 'Luigi Bocconi'
- Calabretta, G , Gemser, G (2015). Co-creating the future: Design practices and tools for effective customer co-creation. s.n., G (Eds.) Proceedings of the 11th European academy of design (EAD) (pp. 1-8) s.l.: s.n..
- Karpen, I , Gemser, G , Calabretta, G (2015). Design capabilities and design practices for effective design outcomes. s.n., G (Eds.) Proceedings of the Australian and New Zealand marketing academy (ANZMAC) conference (pp. 1-7) s.l.: s.n..
- Calabretta, G , Gemser, G , Hekkert, PPM (2014). Extending design leadership to innovation strategy: Roles and tools. Bohemia, E, Rieple, A, Liedtka, J, Cooper, R, Santamaria, L (Eds.) Proceedings of the 19th DMI: Academic design management conference (pp. 1-21) Boston: The Design Management Institute.
- Moeller, K , Steinman, JC , Calabretta, G (2015). Implications from innovativeness typology on innovation performance measurement: A bibliometric analysis. s.n., G (Eds.) Proceedings of the 2014 European academy of management conference (EURAM) (pp. 1-38) s.l.: s.n..
- Calabretta, G , Gemser, G (2015). Integrating design into the fuzzy front end of the innovation process. Design thinking: New product development essentials from the PDMA, (pp. 107-125) s.l.: Wiley-Blackwell.