Geerten van de Kaa is assistant professor of Strategy and Innovation at Delft University of Technology. He holds a PhD from Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University. His research interests include platform wars for complex systems, smart and networked governance, and responsible innovation. He is a guest scholar at Berlin University of Technology.
He has published in high ranking international journals including Organization Studies, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Technology Analysis & Strategic Management, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews and Computer Standards & Interfaces.
In 2009, he won the best paper award at the Standardization and Innovation in Information Technology conference and in 2010 he won the NNK best doctoral dissertation award. He teaches courses in the strategic management of technological innovation.
Platform wars for complex systems.
Smart and networked governance.
Assistant professor of Strategy and Innovation, Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management, Delft University of Technology
MSc, Computer Science and Economics, Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam
- Van de Kaa,, G. & De Vries, H.J. in press. Factors for winning format battles: A comparative case study. Technological Forecasting & Social Change.
- Van de Kaa, G., Van Heck, H.W.G.M., De Vries, H.J., Van den Ende, J.C.M., Rezaei, J. 2014. Supporting Decision-Making in Technology Standards Battles Based on a Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management. 61(2): 336-348.
- Van de Kaa, G., Rezaei, J., Kamp, L., De Winter, A. 2014. Photovoltaic Technology Selection: A Fuzzy MCDM Approach. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 32: 662–670.
- Van den Ende, J.C.M., Van de Kaa, G., Den Uyl, S., & De Vries, H.J. 2012. The paradox of Standard Flexibility: The Effects of Co-evolution between Standard and Interorganizational Network. Organization Studies 33(5,6): 705-736.
- Van de Kaa, G., Van den Ende, J.C.M., De Vries, H.J. & Van Heck, H.W.G.M. 2011. Factors for Winning Interface Format Battles: A Review and Synthesis of the Literature. Technological Forecasting & Social Change 78(8): 1397-1411.