"Online education at its best can deliver a course which students can follow at their own pace. Due to a quick succession of new theory and exercises, students can immediately check if they understood the most recent topic, and if not, immediately take some extra time to rectify this."
Fokko van de Bult received his PhD from the University of Amsterdam studying hypergeometric functions, which are generalizations of the sine and exponential function. Subsequently, he spent three years as a post-doctoral student at Caltech. Since January 2012 he has been a teacher of mathematics at the TU Delft.
In Delft he has taught courses in calculus, linear algebra, and other subjects at all the different faculties of the university. In 2013 he was named Nanobiology's instructor of the year.
Special functions, elliptic hypergeometric functions.
Instructor at the Department of Applied Mathematics, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Sciences, Delft University of Technology
PhD in Mathematics, University of Amsterdam
- van de Bult, Fokko J., An elliptic hypergeometric integral with W(F 4 ) symmetry. (English) Zbl 1223.33036
- Ramanujan J. 25, No. 1, 1-20 (2011)., Reviewer: Sunil Dutt Purohit (Udaipur), MSC: 33D60 33C75
- Van De Bult, Fokko J.; Rains, Eric M., Basic hypergeometric functions as limits of elliptic hypergeometric functions. (English) Zbl 1188.33025, SIGMA, Symmetry Integrability Geom. Methods Appl. 5, Paper 059, 31 p., electronic only (2009)., MSC: 33D15
- van de Bult, F.J.; Rains, E.M.; Stokman, J.V., Properties of generalized univariate hypergeometric functions. (English) Zbl 1144.33007, Commun. Math. Phys. 275, No. 1, 37-95 (2007)., Reviewer: Vivek Sahai (Lucknow), MSC: 33C70 33D52
- van de Bult, Fokko J.; Gijswijt, Dion C.; Linderman, John P.; Sloane, N.J.A.; Wilks, Allan R., A slow-growing sequence defined by an unusual recurrence. (English) Zbl 1137.11010, J. Integer Seq. 10, No. 1, Article 07.1.2, 28 p., electronic only (2007)., Reviewer: Hsien-Kuei Hwang (Taipei), MSC: 11B37 11Y55
- van de Bult, Fokko J.; Woeginger, Gerhard J., The problem of the moody chess players. (English) Zbl 1191.68233, Inf. Process. Lett. 108, No. 5, 336-337 (2008)., MSC: 68P10 68R05