"With online education, I can reach a larger number of students, without reducing the quality of my teaching support. I can improve the active learning contents, by introducing blended education items. I can overcome the physical limitations of in-class lectures and make the teacher available anywhere, anytime. Why not?"
Angelo has a PhD in space propulsion from the University of Pisa (Italy), which was followed by a 2-years post-doctoral study at the University of Osaka (Japan) funded by the Japanese government. He has been Project Manager for 8 years in an Italian SME active in the field of space propulsion and power. During that period, he managed several Research & Development projects funded by the European Space Agency and the European Union, on topics including small space propulsion, green propellants, and fluid dynamics of space rocket turbopumps.
Since 2012 he has been working at TU Delft, where he is responsible teacher of several courses mainly at the BSc level ("Propulsion and Power", "Aerospace Design and Systems Engineering Elements", and others). He is author or co-author of more than 80 papers in peer-reviewed journals and international conferences.
Space propulsion, spacecraft design, space systems engineering, miniaturization of space systems and components.
Assistant professor at Department of Space Systems Engineering, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology
PhD in Aerospace Propulsion, Università di Pisa
- Cervone, A, Mancas, A & Zandbergen, BTC (2015). Design, Simulation and Optimisation of a Low-Pressure Micro-Resistojet for Small Satellite Missions. Acta Astronautica, 108(March-April 2015), 30-39.
- Wang, C, Guerrieri, DC, Cervone, A, Zandbergen, BTC & Zeijl, H van (2015). Numerical Studies on Performance of Free Molecule Micro-Resistojet for Cubesats. In (pp. 1-1). Kraków.
- Akerboom, MHG, Hess, JR, Talboom, MG, Paredis, F, DeKlerck, M, Schulz, A, Petrovic, SD, Rijndorp, ADT, Wildvank, RLP, Cervone, A, Stroosma, O & Dirkx, D (2014). Two Nano-Satellites for Formation Flying in Low-Earth Orbit. In s.n. (Ed.), Proceedings of the 65th International Astronautical Congress (pp. 1-9). Toronto, Canada: IAF.
- Buyens, B, Helden, J van, Slachter, E & Cervone, A (2014). Experimental Investigation of the Combustion Characteristics of an Ethane-Nitrous Oxide Bi-Propellant Rocket Engine. In G Saccoccia & PG Amant (Eds.), AIAA 2014 Space Propulsion Conference and Exhibition (pp. 1-9). Cologne, Ge: AIAA.
- Fraters, A & Cervone, A (2014). Combustion Instabilities and Spontaneous Engine Operation Shifting in a High Mass Flux N2O-PMMA Hybrid Rocket Engine. In G Saccoccia & PG Amant (Eds.), AIAA 2014 Space Propulsion Conference and Exhibition (pp. 1-10). Cologne, Ge: AIAA.