Software testing gets a bad rap for being difficult, time-consuming, redundant, and above all - boring. But in fact, it is a proven way to ensure that your software will work flawlessly and can meet release schedules.
In a two-course series, we will teach you automated software testing in an inspiring way. We will show you that testing is not as daunting a task as you might think, and how automated testing will make you a better developer who programs excellent software.
This first course will teach you how to master software testing and software quality assurance using JUnit. Key topics of the first course will include unit testing, test adequacy and code coverage, mock objects, design for testability, and test code quality.
This is a highly practical course. Throughout the lessons, you will test various programs by means of different techniques. By the end, you will be able to choose the best testing strategies for different projects.
If you are or want to become a five-star software developer, QA engineer, or software tester, join this course. Testing will never be the same again!
- This course is part of the Professional Certificate Program Automated Software Testing in Java.
What you'll learn
- How to unit test any software system using current state-of-the-art tools
- How to derive test cases that deal with exceptional, corner, and bad-weather cases by means of several different techniques
- The limitations of current testing techniques and how to decide on the best testing strategies for a given context
- How to develop testable architectures and to write maintainable test code
This is a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) that runs on edX.
Introductory knowledge of programming, specifically with Java.