One Million Enrollments
15 September 2013 our first two MOOCs started on the EdX platform. Three years later our MOOCs attracted more than one million enrollments.
The TU Delft Extension School celebrated this success on September 1st at TU Delft. Together with the course teams we focussed on the impact of these enrollments for the learners, for the lecturers and for the university.
Impact of our MOOCs
During the event we discussed the goals we originally had. We also looked at the impact of our MOOCs:
- Educate the World: increase access to education - Arno Smets, Jules van Lier, Anton Akhmerov
- Enhance TU Delft’s reputation - Rob Fastenau, Ernst ten Heuvelhof, Mark Lammerts
- Improve campus education - Martijn Stellingwerff, Ingrid Vos, Els van Daalen
- Facilitate a stronger relation between education and research - Gerdien de Vries, Felienne Hermans, Claudia Hauff
- Provide better collaboration with industry - Pasquale Cirillo, Helen Meijer (Deloitte), Lisette Heuer (RoyalHaskoningDHV)
- See how MOOCs and the Extension School can be a catalyst for organisational change - Timo Kos, Ena Voûte, Jan Henk van der Werff, Nelson Ribeiro Jorge, Jan-Paul van Staalduinen
Photos by Mark van Huystee